Table of Contents:
2. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Contact Information and Account Registration: name, email address, postal address, telephone number, account username and password, business contact information, or any other similar information you may provide to us.
- Identification and Demographics: date of birth, gender, nationality, ethnicity, interests, lifestyle information, photos, social media credentials, including identification information about friends, contacts or referrals you provide.
- Transactional: credit/debit card details, payment information, purchase history, billing address, delivery address, and registration information.
- User Generated Content: photos, videos, audio, and other information you may submit to us, such as comments on our Platform and other online forums, and social media platforms.
- Research and Feedback: reviews and comments that you send us through our Platform, online forms, message boards, and social media platforms; by email, over the phone, by mail, or in surveys.
- Device Information and Identifiers: IP addresses, cookie IDs, browser types and language, operating systems, platform type, and device type.
- Connection and Usage: domain names; browsing activity, scrolling and keystroke activity, advertisements viewed, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email, content you view and duration, quality of the service, and interaction with the content, logs, and other similar information. If these events occur while you are offline, they may be logged and uploaded to us when you next connect.
- Geolocation: city, state, and ZIP code associated with your IP address or derived through Wi-Fi triangulation.
- Social Media Information: if you interact with us through a third party platform, social media website, or register for our Platform using social media credentials, depending on your social media settings, we may have access to your information from that social network such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, your comments about our Services, and the people and other websites you follow.
- Additional Information: any additional information you provide us either directly through our Platform or through your participation, support request, interaction through our social media accounts, or any other communication with us.
3. When Do We Collect Personal Information?
4. How Do You Get My Consent?
5. How Do I Withdraw My Consent?
6. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- To personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content in which you are most interested in seeing on our Platform.
- To maintain and improve our Platform in order to better serve you and provide a more seamless experience across all devices.
- To use in our marketing efforts.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your service requests or other queries.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other interactive feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To communicate with you and send periodic e-mails regarding products, subscriptions, promotions, or other Services as they become available.
- To display any content you generate, such as video, audio and comments, on our Platform or our Third Party Platforms.
- To comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and ethical business conduct.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues, abuse, or violations.
7. How Do We Protect Personal Information?
8. Do We Collect Information From Minors?
9. How Do I Opt Out, Remove, Or Modify Any Personal Information I Have Provided?
10. Acceptance Of Terms
11. Limitation Of Liability
12. Do We Use 'cookies'?
- Help remember and process your orders.
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about traffic and interactions in order to offer better experiences and Services in the future. We may also use trusted third party service providers that track this information on our behalf.
13. Third Party And Other Disclosures Of Your Personal Information
14. Retention Of Your Personal Information
15. Third Party Links
16. International Transfers
- To access, correct, update, port, delete, restrict or object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- To delete certain information.
- To withdraw your consent at any time.
17. Special Notice For Customers And Visitors Located In India
Dynamite abides by India’s Information Technology Act of 2000 (the “IT Act”) and its corresponding Information Technology Rules of 2011 (the “IT Rules” or the “Rules”), which are India’s regulatory mechanism for data protection and privacy. Under the IT Act and its corresponding Rules:
- Any entity which possesses, deals, or handles any sensitive Personal Information or data will be liable for any damage caused by the entity’s negligence in implementing and maintaining reasonable security practices to protect Personal Information.
- Any individual or entity that has wrongfully gained access to Personal Information with the intent to cause harm will be punished through fines or imprisonment.
- You have the right to any sensitive Personal Information you may share with us on our Platform or through Third Party Platforms and may access and correct your Personal Information upon providing us with notice.
- Except for law enforcement purposes, we must obtain your consent before disclosing any sensitive Personal Information, which includes providing you the ability to withdraw your consent.
18. Special Notice For Customers And Visitors Located In Australia
Dynamite is subject to the operation of the Privacy Act of 1988 (the “Australian Privacy Act”) and the Australian Spam Act of 2003. If you access our Services and/or our Platform in Australia, here are the specific points you should be aware of:
- Any Personal Information we ask you to provide is information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one of more of our Services, functions or activities.
- Where we assume an obligation to protect your Personal Information, we will also require any of our contractors, subcontractors, Platform administrators, or third party service providers to undertake a similar obligation regarding the safety of your Personal Information and the transfer or storage of Personal Information overseas.
- We will not use or disclose Personal Information for the purpose of our direct marketing to you unless: (i) you have consented to receive direct marketing; (ii) you would reasonably expect us to use your personal details for marketing; or (iii) we believe you may be interested in the material but it is impractical for us to obtain your consent.
- If you think any Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information upon your request.
- It may not be practicable for us to specify in advance each country where your Personal Information may be disclosed, typically we may disclose your Personal Information, where appropriate, to the United States, Canada and the European Union.
19. State Specific Data Policies
Calif. Bus. & Prof. Code §§ 22580-22582; Calif. Bus. & Prof. Code §§ 22580-22582; And Del. Code § 1204c
20. Special Notice For California Residents
I) Your California Privacy Rights.
II) California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
III) Do Not Sell My Personal Information (California Residents Only)
Depending on how you use the Website and/or App, we may share the following categories of information for such advertising which may be considered a sale (as defined by California law):
- Identification and demographics; device information and identifiers, such as IP address, and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; connection and usage information, such as browsing history; geolocation information, such as city; and inference data.
If you would like to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for such purposes (to the extent this is considered a sale), you may do so as by contacting us directly.